Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm a Married Spud!

Last Saturday began as any ordinary weekend morning.  No wait, that's not right.  It was the opposite of ordinary!  I woke up before the crack of dawn, my apartment became instantly crowded, and I spent the next few hours in a cloud of make up and hairspray.  The cloud cleared, and my bridesmaids raced me over to our wedding venue.  I met Mr. Lion under the chuppah, and we exchanged some very significant words.

Yep, Mr. Lion and I are now married!  It's crazy, it's surreal, and it's AWESOME!  Married life is good, and our wedding was absolutely spectacular.  Every time I talk about our wedding, I feel like one ginormous cliche.  "It was the happiest day of my life."  "Everything was perfect."  "It was better than I ever dreamed it would be."  I'm embarrassed to admit that all of these words have come out of my mouth, but I don't know how else to describe it!  It really was the perfect day.  We had gorgeous weather, our decor came together really nicely, and everyone keeps telling me how much fun they had!

Our friends and family are starting to post pictures on Facebook, and it's been fun seeing our wedding through their eyes.  While we're waiting on our pro-pics, I thought I'd leave you with this photo (taken by a friend's Blackberry) in the meantime.  It was the first photo we were tagged in on Facebook, and I think it's my favorite so far because it perfectly sums up the emotions of the day.  Mr. Lion is gesturing the universal symbol for victory, I'm holding my dress like a little girl pretending to be a princess, and our guests are smiling and waving flags.

I just wanted to poke my little married head in and let y'all know that everything went swimmingly.  The wedding was fabulous...and our minimoon, though brief, was very relaxing.  I promise not to keep you waiting too long for recaps!

See you real soon!
Mrs. Lioness

No comments:

Post a Comment