Friday, April 1, 2011

Through Despair and Hope, Through Faith and Love

These past few days have been a blur of happiness, excitement, and laughter.  It's overwhelmingly wonderful to be surrounded by so many of my favorite people.  In all of the last minute preparation, and in all of the final plans, it still didn't feel real until about 5:30 Friday afternoon.

We were rehearsing at our venue.  I locked arms with Papa Lioness, ready to practice-walk down the aisle.  Sister Lioness, my fabulous MOH, had been everywhere I needed her to be for nearly a week.  That moment was no different, as she stood in front of me.  I watched her walk away, towards the altar.  My dad and I stepped forward, ready for our turn to practice.  Mr. Lion came into my line of sight, and our eyes locked.  I know you can't see goosebumps from yards away, but I knew from the look on his face that that's what he felt.

The Lions were ready.
Screencap from Disney's "The Lion King" / via Magical Screencaps

Tonight, the sun sets on almost 20 months of wedding planning.  For a moment, though, it also looks like it's rising.  Though my journey as Miss Lioness ends tonight, tomorrow will mark a new chapter in my life...a chapter I can confidently say that we are finally ready for.

Hive, I don't even know where to begin in thanking you for everything you have done for me throughout this journey.  I have so much love for this community, it just makes me want to burst with joy.  You have provided ideas, advice, and insight that most people couldn't even begin to formulate, and I am forever indebted to your expertise.  More importantly, you have provided me with so much unconditional support.  Your comments have brought both smiles to my face and tears to my eyes.  You've made me feel so welcome here, and I'm honored to now call many of you friends.

Mr. Lion, there is nothing that I want more in the world than to marry you tomorrow.  I love you with all of my heart, and I can not wait to be your wife.  If seeing you across the aisle gave us both such a thrill during rehearsal, I can't even imagine how incredible that moment will be tomorrow.  Thank you for being so wonderful this week; you really are the most amazing man I've ever known.

Hive, I'll see y'all on the other side of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment