Saturday, August 7, 2010

Good News!

Not only have I now graduated (Dr. Gringa?) but after two months of studying, I was FINALLY granted permission to take the boards.  It's a long application process, and not a very efficient one at that.  I took my exam this past Thursday on a computer at a testing center, and they told me that I should have my results by the weekend.  As soon as I woke up Friday morning, I checked the status online and saw this:


So I should be able to start work within the next week because I am an officially licensed physical therapist!  Additionally, now that I'm no longer studying 24/7, I can be devoting full time to floating blogging (sorry, Disney references sneak into my diction every now and then).  Thank goodness, because I have a LOT to update you on!

Since this is the good news post though, I figure I should share some more good news: we got our first wedding present in the mail!  We still have eight months to go, so we were pretty surprised.  In fact, I was certain that there had to be some kind of mistake!  I'm a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding next weekend, and we had just purchased a gift for them from their registry at Bed Bath & Beyond.  So when the UPS man showed up at our doorstep with a Bed Bath & Beyond box, I was pretty sure that I had clicked "ship to billing address" instead of "ship to registered address!"  Sr Groom insisted that we open it just in case.

We opened the box to find a very large, very heavy, gift-wrapped box.  We got our friends some lightweight bakeware, so I was starting to think that this large box might actually be for us.
Sr. Groom and Miss Corgi looking VERY confused

We found a note that said it was from my mom's cousins, the lovely people who were generous enough to let me stay with them during my clinical affiliation in Boston.  Now, we had just sent out our Save the Dates (more on that soon!), which had our website listed on it, which lists our registries.  I suppose this means people are officially aware of our registries now, but I still couldn't understand why someone would get us a wedding gift this early unless they wanted to make sure they were able to grab something REALLY special before it got fulfilled by someone else.  But the only thing THAT special on our registry was...GASP.

I couldn't take pictures of what came next because I was simply too busy jumping up and down and squealing.

The.  Kitchen Aid.  Stand.  Mixer.

This was a few days before boards, so I told myself that I would leave it in it's box and play with it if and when I passed.  Well, as I mentioned earlier, I passed...so I rewarded myself.

I named it "The Glacier" because it's ice blue.

Sugar cookies with cream cheese buttercream frosting...and the frosting matches!  Oh, and so does my apron.

Miss Corgi's usual place, under my feet while I'm cooking.

I have to say, as far as first gifts go, this one was pretty stellar.  What made it even better was the timing of it.  It led to some long overdue fun, and it meant so much to me because we received it from such wonderful people.

What was your first wedding gift?  How was it significant to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment