Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Disney/Pixar's Up Inspiration

As I've mentioned before, Sr Groom's hot air balloon proposal was inspired by the film "Up" by Disney and Pixar.  I am an absolute sucker for Disney, and not just because I'm from Florida.  Sr Groom grew up in Florida as well, and he thought Disney was nothing but silly kid stuff...until I dragged him to Walt Disney World early on in our relationship and successfully convinced him otherwise.  My cousins have always been really into Disney, and I grew up looking up to my cousins as I would look up to older siblings.  We've always been close, and our memories growing up at Walt Disney World are among my most cherished.  Basically, they're to blame.
EPCOT with some of my favorite people in 2003

How could a Disney freak plan a wedding without a few subtle nods towards the mouse?  It's so whimsical, so romantic, so MAGICAL.  Everything about Disney just screams wedding to me.  Let's start where our engagement began: with Disney and Pixar's "Up."

The Wedding Chicks recently featured an "Up" inspired engagement shoot.  Of course, I just had to share with y'all!

How adorable are the little grape soda buttons?!  You can get your very own Ellie badge on Etsy, here.  The Wedding Chicks loved this couple so much (and can you blame them?) that they documented their wedding day too.

To make things even more adorable, the writer and producer of "Up" saw the e-pics on Wedding Chicks and sent the bride and groom a copy of "The Art of Up," complete with personalized hand drawing!

Too cute.  Have you incorporated inspiration from a favorite movie into your wedding theme?  How so?

No comments:

Post a Comment