Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh I Just Can't Wait to Be a Bee!

Yay!  I can't believe I'm here!  These past few weeks have just been crazy...but wonderful!  Mr. Lion and I both graduated from law school and grad school, respectively, in May.  After seven years of school, we're just now starting our grown-up jobs.  I work in a large hospital's trauma unit and I'm just starting to get the hang of it.  This afternoon, I finished up with my last patient, headed down to my desk, and took a quick glance at my email.  MRS. PENGUIN?!?!  WHAAAAT?!?!?!?!  This was my face:
Source: Disney via Magical Screencaps

This would probably be an appropriate time to mention that I'm a huge Disney geek and with a name like Miss Lioness, I will be subjecting y'all to lots and lots of horrible Lion King puns.  I apologize in advance.

You'd probably like to know a little about who Mr. Lion and I are.  Well, we're from the same suburb of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and we went to rival high schools.  It was only a matter of time before we met through mutual friends.  Our paths finally crossed during our freshman year of college.  Mr. Lion was attending the University of Central Florida in Orlando, and I was attending the University of Florida in Gainesville...yes, just like Mr. & Mrs. Dolphin!  We became long-distance friends, which evolved over a couple of years into a long-distance relationship.  Our first date was actually a "Heroes and Villains" themed sorority grab-a-date.  We, along with two friends who ended up being in our wedding party, dressed as the characters from Scooby Doo.
 Personal photo: Wearing a blonde wig and an ascot for me...what a good sport!

We were fortunate enough to both get into schools in Atlanta for our continued education, and we bid the long-distance part of our relationship adieu.  Now, after 5 years of dating, we're one year into a 19-month engagement and planning a big wedding on a small budget!

Sometimes we're sweet.
Personal photo: Our Engagement Party

Sometimes we're silly.
Personal photo: Making a Monty Python reference at a store in Savannah

Also, we have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, who basically serves as the mascot of our relationship.  She suits us well, as she is short, awkward, sweet, and full of personality.
Personal photo: I think she was barking, but it looks like she's talking!

I have dreamed of sharing my wedding plans with you from the day I first found Weddingbee.  I have found all kinds of inspiration on the Bee...and it has been such an excellent resource because of all of the creative, intelligent, fun women who blog and post on here!  It's an honor to be here.  Thanks for having me, Hive!

No comments:

Post a Comment