Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bridal Style vs. Daily Style

So now that you've seen my dress and my headpiece, I'll bet you think you have a pretty good sense of my personal style.  Frilly, romantic, girly...were you thinking of something like this?
Sources: ModCloth

Actually, the style represented in these items is pretty far from my personal style.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this look, but I just don't feel like I can pull it off on a daily basis.  If I had to describe my personal style (a la Tyra), I would have to say it varies between preppy and mod.
Preppy, by Vineyard Vines


Basically, this chick right here is my fashion icon:

Emma Pillsbury's closet can do no wrong.  I mean, she's a redhead and she can pull off yellow!  Not sure how that's possible, but I'm sure as anything not gonna fight it!  I love everything this girl wears, so you'd think her wedding dress would perfectly suit my style.
Dress by JCrew

I was certain that I would have similar taste in a wedding dress, but this style just wasn't me.  Perhaps I have an alter-ego side of me that's just dying to try something new!  How about you?  Is your bridal style similar to or different from your daily style?

No comments:

Post a Comment