Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Flowers and Etsy and Veils, Oh My!

I tried on a few different veils in stores.  I liked some better than others, but none thrilled me more than the birdcage style.  I loved the vintage look of it, and I loved the way it looked with my dress.  As I've mentioned before, I'm a huge Etsy fan.  So when it came time to find a unique veil for a reasonable price, I looked no further!

I had read about different Etsy shops all over the 'Bee, but one post by Mrs. Dolphin really jumped out at me.  Etsy seller Fine & Fleurie (formerly known as JMG Jewelry Design) features handmade jewelry and hair accessories perfect for weddings and other special occasions.  I was immediately enamored with the shop.  Everything was so romantic, so feminine, so PERFECT.

Something y'all should know about Mr. Lion: he does not want to know ANYTHING about my wedding day ensemble.  Nothing.  Not the dress, not the veil, not even the shoes (we'll get to those in another post!)...so forgive me for interrupting this story to say Mr. Lion, read no further!

Upon perusing Fine & Fleurie's shop, I decided on this birdcage veil:

It's bandeau style, meaning it wraps straight across rather than poofing up or out.  I thought this would be more comfortable for someone fidgety like me!  There are dainty pearls at the bottom of the veil, adding just a touch of elegance, and I was able to order it in ivory to match my dress.  I felt like the veil alone wasn't enough though...I needed a little something extra.  Then I found this fascinator:

This fascinator is silk and lace with crystals and pearls in the middle.  I felt like it was made to go with my dress!  I loved it so much, that I decided to get miniature ones for my bridesmaids so that we could match!


The mini fascinators came in sets of two, so I only needed to order three for my six bridesmaids.  Still, that along with the veil and my fascinator ended up being a pretty big order!  I convo-ed the seller to see if she was willing to give me some sort of discount for being such a wonderful customer, and sure enough she was happy to oblige.  A few weeks later, I received the items, beautifully gift-wrapped and attached to a lovely thank you note.  I absolutely adore sellers like this because they seem to really enjoy what they do.  It makes such a big difference, and it leads to very happy customers!
Personal photo: iPhone and a bathroom mirror, myspace style!

What does your headpiece look like?  How did you find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment