Friday, September 24, 2010

Any Atlanta Brides Looking for a Cause?

One of the latest (and in my opinion, greatest) trends right now in the wedding world is the idea of giving back.  "Green" weddings, charity donation favors, and now, bridal sales for a cause.  Next weekend in Atlanta, Susan G. Komen is putting on a bridal gown sale to benefit breast cancer, a cause that just happens to be very near and dear to me.

Bridal designers have donated gowns specifically for this sale, and 100% of the proceeds will go to Susan G. Komen.  Additionally, you can get a pretty hefty discount on said gowns!  Most dresses go for $99-$799, which is definitely cheaper than the average bear!  Tickets are $5 in advance and $10 at the door.  I, unfortunately, will not be able to attend because I have a wedding to go to that day, but I would have loved to check it out even though I already have my dress!  Here's the info in case any of y'all are interested in going so I can live vicariously through you:

Sunday, October 3, 2010 from 12pm-6pm at the
Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell
909 Holcomb Bridge Road, Roswell, GA 30076


What's that?  You don't live in Atlanta but you'd love to help out?  Check out http://www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/ to find similar upcoming events near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment