Tuesday, September 21, 2010

OMG Shoes

I enjoy a good boutique sale like Rue La La or ideeli.  I get a kick out of special deals like Scoutmob or Living Social.  But I freeking love eBay.  Maybe it's the competitive side of me, but winning a good auction just makes my day.  It can be really hit or miss, but if you just so happen to stumble upon the treasure you were searching for, eBay can be absolutely thrilling.  It can certainly give a budget bride quite the sense of accomplishment.

I decided to venture over to eBay to do a little bit of wedding shoe searching.  I typed in "green" (one of our wedding colors), "7" (my shoe size), and two of my favorite words in the language of fashion:

Kate.  Spade.  She is absolutely one of my favorite designers, but when it comes to my everyday budget, she's on another playing field more appropriate for a special occasion...like a wedding!  I'm a big fan of the classic and sophisticated style that this designer brings to shoes, handbags, and jewelry.  Well, my eBay find wasn't exactly what I would call classic or sophisticated...but it was certainly more me!

{all personal photos}

I had struck gold.  Bright green and pool blue, our wedding colors exactly.  Fun and whimsical, our wedding style exactly.  The little gift bow seemed to say "to Miss Lioness with love."  I had to have them.  Best of all, they were $30 plus shipping!  I felt like that was a pretty good deal in general, but for Kate Spade it was just amazing.  They were in pretty good condition too...just a little scuff on the sole, though it was not nearly as bad as the seller had made it sound.  I bid, won, and waited patiently by my mailbox as I imagined myself twirling through our first dance in these dancin' shoes.

Have you found any bargain wedding items on eBay?  Or have you struck out?

No comments:

Post a Comment