Wednesday, September 8, 2010

E-Pics for Mr. Lion

Hive, I need to admit something to you.  I was really opposed to e-pics in the beginning.  I just didn't see the point!  We've been together for five years...surely by now we have enough pictures together.  Plus, every time I thought of e-pics, I imagined people smiling cheesily in matching outfits.  Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that.  Engagement pictures in matching outfits can be adorable and classic, and I have lots of friends who have done similar photoshoots and been very pleased with the results.  It's just not us.  Besides, matching outfits make me think of this:
{Source} 10 points if you know where this is from!

So I decided that we weren't going to have e-pics taken.  Then one day, Mr. Lion and I had a random conversation about favorites.  You know, favorite ice cream flavors, favorite movie of all time, etc.  We knew most of the answers for each other, but it was a fun conversation nonetheless.  Then, I asked Mr. Lion where is favorite place in the world was.  He answered, "UCF's campus."  The University of Central Florida in Orlando has changed a lot since Mr. Lion graduated from there in 2007.  He loves going back there now just to see how it has evolved.  Then, he added, "I wish we had taken more pictures of that campus when I was there."  Sigh.  My heart melted a little.  Ooookaaaay, we can take e-pics at UCF's campus.

Fortunately, our photographer was a friend so he was happy to tag along on a weekend road trip to Florida.  Here are a few of our favorites:

{all photos courtesy of Weddings by Evan Hampton}

What inspired your e-pics shoot?

No comments:

Post a Comment