Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Shower Fit for Our Quirks

Hive, I haven't been completely honest with you.  Well, I haven't lied.  I just haven't told the whole truth.  I told you how Mr. Lion and I met through mutual friends.  That's the short version of the story.  Truthfully, we met at a mutual friend's birthday party...when we were partnered up during a beer pong tournament.  Mr. Lion and I were beer pong partners, and lots of drinking led to lots of flirting.  I left the party that night with a smile on my face because I had met a cute guy who kept telling me I was cute (clearly, we were so deep back then).  I received a sober phone call from him the next day, and we stayed friends for years.  We would occasionally look back on the flirting that took place that night, and wonder if something more would develop.

Obviously something more did develop, and beer pong became something something surprisingly very near and dear to our hearts.  When our grad school friends told us they wanted to throw us an early shower before moving away after graduation, we suggested a stock the bar shower with a beer pong tournament.  They were all about it.  Best of all, they included a few fun details just for us...
...like the greatest cake topper in the world...

...and a DIY UF vs. UCF beer pong table!  Mr. Lion and his partner look infinitely more serious than my partner and I do...which is probably why they kicked our butts.

Our lovely host and hostess asked our friends to bring us a bottle of liquor or wine, or some stemware from our registry.  We ended up with some great things to help us out with entertaining, as well as some really thoughtful and creative gifts!  Sister Lioness even got us a "hot cocktails" cook book for winter-time drinks!  Best of all, the shower had a really laid-back vibe, which allowed everyone to just relax and enjoy themselves.
With some friends from PT school

With 4 of my 6 bridesmaids

Having waaaay too much fun opening presents!
{all personal photos}

I will be having a more traditional shower too (more on that later), but I was happy to do something a little different too!  And of course, it was nice to be able to include Mr. Lion in something he could enjoy too.  Are you having a less traditional shower?

1 comment:

  1. Why do I have such a problem with buying people things from their registries?

    ReplyDelete