Monday, September 27, 2010

Choosing Our Theme

I love a good theme party.  After all, my first date with Mr. Lion was to a theme party!  I wanted our wedding to have a theme...one that suited our setting, like Miss Starfish.  I wanted our theme to suit our style, like Mrs. Cowboy Boot.  I wanted to do something classy and understated; although, let's face it...even the over-the-top themes are still pretty awesome:

Our ceremony and reception will be held in the same venue; the ceremony will be outdoors in the garden and the reception inside in the ballroom.  So, we knew we needed a little garden inspiration.


Our venue is an antebellum home, built in 1797.  It contains original artwork on the walls and original bricks on the garden patio.  So as you can imagine, we wanted to incorporate a vintage element into our wedding style.  Maybe not antebellum, per se (I don't think I could walk in a Scarlet O'Hara dress)...mid-20th century was more our style.  Why not make our vintage style "old meets older?"

(Love love love those little sleeves!  So Old Hollywood)

So we've found inspiration that captured our vintage venue's style, now we just needed something that represented our personal style.  I don't know if you've caught onto this by now, but Mr. Lion and I are just absolute goofballs.  You add goofy to stylish and you get something called whimsical.


However, there's always just plain old goofy.  In my opinion, this can still end up looking pretty beautiful at a wedding, mostly because it's genuine.


Does your wedding have a theme?  How did it evolve from your inspirations?

No comments:

Post a Comment