Friday, August 13, 2010

Girls in Green Dresses

When I went shopping for my dress, I was accompanied by four of my six bridesmaids.  Bmaid Jackie is my FSIL, and she was unable to drive all the way up from South Florida.  Bmaid Jessica is a second year med student in Tampa, so she was super busy.  She was also heartbroken that she was unable to be there.  To make it up to her, I told her she could pick out her dress.

I told my bridesmaids that I wanted them to match and I wanted them to wear a bright green.  Bmaid Sara also added the stipulation that the dresses be cocktail length (she's shorter and didn't think she could pull off tea length...I appreciated her honesty).  Bmaid Jessica couldn't make it to Atlanta to shop together until June, so Bmaid Emily, Sister Lioness, and I did some preliminary research.
The one on the right came in a beautiful green...

...but the one on the left was the favorite!

Bmaid Emily also loved it!

AND it looked cute with my mom's dress!

I was glad that we had a strong candidate for the position of bridesmaid dress, but I would not allow anything to become a final decision until Bmaid Jessica had the opportunity to try on dresses.  I'm a woman of my word, after all.  Bmaid Jessica came into town and decided to try on the leading dress.
The whole package: with a hair flower fascinator (more on that later) and the shoes


{all personal photos}

Her words? "Umm, if it's okay with you, I don't really want to look at any other dresses.  This one is perfect."

How did you choose your bridesmaids' dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment