Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Aisle-Walkin' Soundtrack

We decided pretty early on that we wanted to have a DJ at our wedding.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good band at a wedding.  But in order to include something as obscure as 311, some good booty-shakin' music, and some salsa for Mr. Lion's family, a DJ was a more practical option for us.  In addition to reception coverage, our DJ offered ceremony coverage for a very reasonable price.  Literally, he made us an offer we couldn't refuse and I had to say goodbye to my dreams of having a string quartet play as I walked down the aisle.  I was briefly bummed out, but then I discovered the Vitamin String Quartet.


Maybe having a DJ play our ceremony music wouldn't be so bad after all!  Perhaps it was an opportunity to get a little creative with our song selections.  I like Canon in D as much as the next bride, but buying some Vitamin String Quartet on iTunes allowed us to be a little more quirky than elegant...which, let's face it, is more true to who we are!  They had everything: Lady Gaga, Coldplay, and of course, these guys:


Then, I started looking around for other string quartet tributes.  I stumbled upon this gem and knew it was made for me:


We had found some great options to play as guests were seated, we found some selections for the recessional, but I was still wasn't sold on the processional.  I wanted to walk down the aisle to something that was significant to us, but that also captured the whimsically vintage theme that surrounded our wedding.  Something like this:


Ugh, I'm going to be a bawling disaster.  How did y'all chose your ceremony tunes?  Did you go a more classical route?  Or did you pick something more modern?

No comments:

Post a Comment