Friday, December 17, 2010

Registry Stalking

If y'all are anything like me, you've been busy attending holiday parties, baking cupcakes and cookies, and wrapping presents.  It's just that time of year!  The holiday season has got me thinking about presents.  When I was little, I was that horrible child who climbed up into my parents' closet (which they thought was a good hiding place) and shook each wrapped Christmas and Hanukkah present to try to guess what was inside.  Well, apparently I'm no different with wedding presents.  Yes, I'm aware that I'm an adult now.

Hive, I am guilty of registry stalking.  You know, your online registry shows what you want and what you have.  As guests start buying gifts, that little "fulfilled" column starts to fill up.  Well, occasionally I like to check out that little fulfilled column to see what's new.

The sad part is that we received our first registry gift before I acquired this stalking habit...and that surprise made the gift that much more special!  We had just sent out our Save-the-Dates, so we were a little confused when we received a wedding gift in the mail 10 months before our wedding.
Confused Lions

When we opened it up to find the following gift, the surprise got even better!

Lion Corgi was not nearly as entertained by my matching apron as I was.

You'd think after enjoying the surprise of our first gift so much, I'd stop ruining surprises by registry stalking.  What can I say?  I can't help myself!

How about you?  Are you resisting the urge to registry stalk or are you as guilty as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment