Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Very Important Date

We have now entered the double digits in our wedding countdown!  We've started to get a lot of logistical questions from our guests, like where to stay in Atlanta, when to fly in, etc.  Items on our to do list are slowly being checked off.  The wedding is starting to feel real, and I'm starting to feel productive; but the anticipation and the excitement really started to build when I got this in the mail the other day:

It's an invitation to my bridal shower!  Squeeeee!  You may remember from Sister Lioness' fabulous guest post that my shower is going to be "mad tea party" themed.  I knew that she had that theme in mind when she was designing these invitations, but I had no idea that they were this detailed!  I really appreciated all of the thought that she had put into them.  I loved the colors, I loved the fonts, and I especially loved the nod towards the novel.  It added that hint of vintage whimsy that just defines our wedding style.  She even included it in the registry cards!

The envelope also included an invitation to my bachelorette party, which will take place the same weekend.

I love how the themes are clearly different, but the colors compliment each other well enough to be included in the same package.  The "preppy princess" thing kinda melted my heart a little...she knows me too well!

Best of all, I liked how the events described in this envelope fit in with our wedding style but were unique enough to stand on their own.
 {all personal photos}

What was your favorite part of your shower invitations?

No comments:

Post a Comment