Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Before the Mane Event: Family Reunion at the Nail Salon

With full bellies and smiling faces, my girls and I left brunch and headed for the nail salon.  I was so psyched to be able to spend the day with five of my favorite women.  Then, once we arrived at the nail salon, I was greeted by a few more of my favorite women!


Oh hi cousins!  I'm always thrilled to see these ladies, but I was especially excited this time.  You see, my pregnant bridesmaid wasn't the only mom-to-be at our wedding.  We recently learned that the girl standing on the right in that photo was pregnant!  She and her husband are my newlywed role models,  They both seem so happy, but they're good at keeping it real.  I couldn't have been happier for her, and I was so glad that I was able to celebrate with her a little bit before the wedding!

My cousins also brought another gift with them, my grandmother.

Grandmommy Lioness is my only living grandparent.  She had been sick on and off for a few years, and recently decided to move from the house we visited for years to an independent living facility.  She hadn't traveled in years, and we weren't sure whether it was safe for her to fly to Atlanta for the wedding.  My dad and his siblings made some arrangements and were able to get her everything she needed once in Atlanta.  It meant so much to her, but I think it meant even more to me.  Here she is standing up from her Rollator walker, which she never locks before sitting in.  Seriously, Grandmommy Lioness?  You can't have a physical therapist as a granddaughter if you wanna do that stuff without a lecture!

 How did you, or how do you plan to, spend quality time with family before the big day?

No comments:

Post a Comment