Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Before the Mane Event: Rehearsal Dinner

I had always imagined leaving rehearsal with some of my favorite people by my side, laughing all the way to our rehearsal dinner venue.  In actuality (well, for me anyway), there was too much business to attend to.  This person was staying in this place Friday night only, this stuff had to go over here, these people were carpooling but those people weren't.  We all went our separate ways, and I set out alone to drive to our new rehearsal dinner venue (you know, because the original venue had closed down).  Amid the chaos, I remembered that my gas light had come on in my car earlier that day...about 10 miles ago earlier that day.  So, I was late to my own rehearsal dinner because I had to get gas!

Turns out, I was lucky to be running late.  Things over at our rehearsal dinner venue were a mess!  Don't get me wrong, this restaurant is awesome; but, I don't think they were used to a party of our size, and they certainly weren't used to catering.  Fortunately, MIL Lion stepped into their kitchen (yep) and let her Latina mama powers take over.  After about 15 minutes, the curtains opened and our show was up and running!

I was greeted by a buffet filled with some of my favorite Cuban dishes, as well as tables filled with some of my favorite people.
With four of the five Lioness Bmaids and their "signivs"

Our rehearsal dinner was dry, as our hole-in-the-wall venue didn't have a liquor license.  This worked out for the best, as we had to get ready the next morning at 6:00 AM (more on that later).  Also, it was the perfect excuse to get cute Latin sodas like these!
{Evan Hampton Photography}

I had told MIL Lion that I didn't need any decorations for our rehearsal dinner.  It was a very casual, low-key event, and I didn't want anything more than a good meal.  Well, she decided that we needed a little something, and made a last minute trip to Michael's.  Oh, and she snuck in champagne.  How awesome is she?!
{Evan Hampton Photography}

Unfortunately, we stuffed our faces too quickly to get a good shot of the food.  I assure you, it was delicious!  Overall, the dinner had a very laid-back vibe.  We were glad to be able to relax with loved ones before the big day.

What little extras are you planning on including at your rehearsal dinner?  Or are you like me, and you haven't really planned on having any at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment