Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Love is Where We Are: Change Your Scene

Where we last left off, our wedding day had gotten off to a rocky start. As we got ready at my apartment, a rushed feeling of panic set in. Whose idea was it to have an 11:00 AM wedding anyway?! As we ran out of time, we had no choice but to head to the venue. Fortunately, at least I was ready.

{guest photo} 

As we arrived at the venue, everything set in. The altar and the ballroom both looked amazing (more on that later). I stepped down into the wine celler, our bridal getting ready room, and took a look around.

{guest photo}

My bridesmaids looked so beautiful. Even the ones who had done their own make-up looked absolutely stunning. More importantly, they were all smiling at me. Everyone was happy, everyone was calm, everyone was ready.

Before I could continue savoring this incredible moment, my photographer/friendor announced that it was time to put on my dress.*



I believe at the time, Lioness Bmaid Emily was saying, "Can you believe this moment is actually happening?!" But really it looks like she's saying, "We can't find her underneath all that dress!" Also, please note Sister Lioness' Toms. Awesome.




That right there, Hive, is one of my favorite photos of the entire day.


I looked in the mirror and saw, at long last, a bride.


It was an emotional moment for everyone. So, naturally, Lioness Bmaid Emily cried...

{guest photo}

...and Lioness Bmaid Laura fed the baby.

{guest photo}

Please note that Lioness Bmaid Laura not only has her own wedding band on her left hand; she also put on mine (on her pinky) and Mr. Lion's (on her thumb). When that little boy gets older, we're gonna tell him he was our ring bearer.

Sister Lioness was done with her job of getting the dress on. Now, it was Lioness Bmaid Sara's turn to help me put on my veil.



Last but not least, Sister Lioness put on my Something New: a necklace that she and Mama Lioness had given to me.


By the way, my Something Old was the stone in my engagement ring. My Something Borrowed and my Something Blue both appeared on my bouquet:


My Something Borrowed were the bee charms that Mrs. Meerket mentioned in her post! My Something Blue was the blue on my sorority badge. I guess that Freekware charm was just my Something Awesome ;)

I was so relieved that everything was magically coming together. Did you have a turning point on your wedding day?

Catch up on the Lioness Recaps here!
*All photos by H.Photography unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment