Monday, September 19, 2011

Love is Where We Are: Gift Exchange

Now that both the boys and the girls were dressed and ready to go, it was time for Mr. Lion and I to exchange gifts. We chose not to do a first look, so Sister Lioness and Lion Best Man had to play messenger.

As I heard a knock at the door, I realized I was apparently first. Lion Best Man entered, and knelt down beside me. I thought this was wonderfully gentlemanly, but really it's probably just because he's about three feet taller than I am and this is the only way photos would have worked.


I unwrapped the present to find a little gray box, which I recognized from the jeweler who made our wedding bands. I then opened up that box to find delicate little diamond studs.


Though I didn't wear those earrings on our wedding day, I think I've worn them every day since!

Sister Lioness then made her way over to the boys' room.


Mr. Lion was pretty surprised when he discovered the novel of a card I had written to him.


Ha! That's what you get for marrying a blogger!

Do you remember what I got him for his present? I said before that it was Yankees-themed, since he's such a big Yankees fan and because I had to make up for the Red Sox garter that I'd be wearing.


I got him a baseball signed by Yankees closer Mariano Rivera. The ball was signed to commemorate his 500th save. Not only is Rivera Mr. Lion's favorite player of all time, he wears the number 42, which is symbolic of our wedding date.


Now, I wasn't there, but I'm guessing that's a picture of him showing it off to his groomsmen.


Are you and your significant other planning to exchange wedding day gifts? What are you planning to get them?

Catch up on the Lioness Recaps here!

*All photos by H.Photography unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment