Tuesday, November 16, 2010

If I Had A Million Dollars

If money was no object when it came to our wedding, the first thing I would change is the amount of money I'm spending on my bridesmaids.  Out of the 6 Lioness Bmaids, 5 are in grad/med/law school and only one lives in Atlanta.  This means lots of travel expenses on very tight budgets.  These ladies have both literally and figuratively gone the distance for me, and I just wish I could afford to thank them more than I already plan to.  If I had the means, I would get them something like this:

Hive, allow me to introduce you to 1154 Lill Studio, a custom handbag design company.  Sure, they have stuff like this on Etsy, but one of the things that makes 1154 Lill so fun is the experience.  You see, unless you live in Chicago or Boston where they have actual studios (or if you just shop online), you find a representative and design your own bag at a 1154 Lill party!  How fun would it be to have a handbag designing party with your bridesmaids?

You start with a blank canvas, which comes in every shape and size:

Then, you choose your fabrics.  Note: you can also buy any of these fabrics by the yard...so you could make handbags to match your decor!

I wish I could do this for my girls, but unfortunately it's just not possible.  Don't worry though; I have a few tricks up my sleeve in addition to the shoes and fascinators that they know they're getting!  What are you getting your bridesmaids as gifts?  What would you get them if you could get them anything?

1 comment:

  1. There is so much peacock and black and white and animal print in the fall favorites and I am just in love. How much are these? Can we do this for each other one day when I'm not starving?

    ReplyDelete