Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Inviting the VIPs: Two Down!

You may recall that we sent out a few wedding invitations a little early.  We sent one to the President, one to the Pope, one to Disneyland, and one to Disney World (addresses available here).  We received a very prompt response from Cinderella and Prince Charming at Disney World, but we were still waiting on the other three.  Well, Hive, I have good news and bad news.

The good news: We got a response from Disneyland!

The bad news: They got my name wrong!

Our invitations (to be revealed at a later date) list our full names: Julia Elizabeth Lioness and David Alexander Lion.  I was very excited to receive a package in the mail from Disneyland, but I became a little concerned when I noticed that it was addressed to "Elizabeth Lioness and David Lion."  Maybe that's just the address label.  Maybe the actual response inside will be addressed correctly, right?  Wrong.  I opened the envelope to find a black and white photograph of Mickey and Minnie with "Elizabeth and David" written in Sharpie.

The way I saw it, I had two options.  I could keep it like this, and it would make for a funny story.  Or, I could add in my first name (um, I have Sharpies too), and it would make for a funnier story!
{personal photo}

On the bright side, at least I got a response.  And a button!  How cute is that?!

Still haven't heard anything from the President or the Pope.  I'll keep y'all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment