Monday, February 14, 2011

Freeking Charming

A while ago, I posted about finding a unique way to memorialize my cousin Mark at our wedding.  I decided to create bouquet charms using the logo for Freekware, Mark's clothing company.  To me, Freekware symbolizes positivity and love, themes that we definitely want incorporated into our wedding day!

I recently sat down with my glass pendant kit by Annie Howes and put together my bouquet charms.
Ah, a personalized note and some candy.  Love me some Etsy sellers!

One of the greatest things about Annie Howes' kits is that she includes tutorials on her website.  I printed out some Freekware logos and followed the tutorial step by step.

First, I covered the textured side of the glass tile with glaze, which was included in the kit.

I flipped the tile over and pressed down firmly to eliminate air bubbles.  Then, I waited for them to dry.

Once dry, I used crafting scissors and cuticle trimmers to separate each tile.  I applied a coat of glaze to the back of the charm.  Then, I attached the hardware onto the tile with the included glue.

Then, I had my finished product!
{all personal photos}

I have to say, this was probably my favorite DIY project thus far.  It was so nice to think about each of my bridesmaids walking down the aisle with this charm attached to their bouquets.  The sentiment behind it was in my mind during the entire time I was making the charms, and that left a smile on my face.

Are you making something to memorialize loved ones at your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment