Friday, February 25, 2011

Gratitude & Grits

Though not as exclusive to the region as the groom's cake, it is a Southern tradition to thank your bridesmaids with a luncheon.  This is usually held the morning of the wedding, or during the afternoon the day before.  Unfortunately, our wedding is at 11am, so this ruled out "morning of."  Our rehearsal will be at 5pm the day before, so that made it a little too tight to squeeze in during the afternoon.  This lead me to my favorite meal of the day, brunch!
Some of my favorite places to brunch in Atlanta: Feast, Einstein's, Parish, Murphy's, and Ria's Bluebird

Sure, there are a lot of great brunch places around here.  You'd think it'd be tough to choose between all of these delicious locations, but it wasn't.  I wanted my bridesmaids to feel celebrated.  They've done so much for me, and many of them are traveling from out of state to stand by me on our wedding day.  I wanted delicious, casual food with a bright, colorful, fun backdrop.  I looked no further than the Flying Biscuit.

The Flying Biscuit is an Atlanta tradition.  It began in Midtown, as a simple biscuit shop.  They now have several locations throughout Atlanta, and even a few in North Carolina and Florida.  They serve a lot more than biscuits now, too.  Think Southern food with a twist.  Oh, there's grits and bacon, but they also offer chicken sausage, whole grain pancakes, and omelets with arugula and goat cheese.  They haven't forgotten their roots though; the biscuits are still the most popular item on the menu.

If you're wondering what that sauce is that's served with the biscuits, it's some kind of apple butter.  I don't know how to describe it other than "it tastes like Christmas."

I love the ambiance in the restaurant, too.  The mismatched tablecloths, handmade tabletop decor, and eclectic wall art are sure to convey a sense of fun as I thank my girls for all of their hard work.


If the weather is nice, we can even sit out on the patio, which is Lion Corgi friendly!

Are you throwing a luncheon for your bridesmaids?  Where did you choose to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment