Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter Wonderland: The Details!

Sister Lioness spent so much time and effort on the details of my shower, I simply had to devote an entire post to them!  Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

When guests first walked in, they were greeted with a table filled with mismatched teacups.  Guests were instructed to choose a teacup.  As you can see, the table was adorned with black and white "Alice in Wonderland" illustrations.

Each teacup included a homemade sugar cookie, as well as a few bags of tea.

My teacup had a tag with my name on it, but every other teacup had a tag that read "pick me."  Attached to that tag was a scroll that described what that teacup revealed about their personality!  At the end of the shower, we went around the table and read our scrolls.  The funny thing is that they turned out to be pretty accurate!  Obviously, mine was:

Teapots and ceramic filled with flowers served as centerpieces...

...and monogrammed teacups spelled out the theme for the day:

I sat in the middle of the table, mostly because the head of the table was occupied by the white rabbit himself.

And instead of a Cheshire cat, we had a Cheshire lion...a nod to my Weddingbee moniker!

I loved the literary motif.  It was whimsical, but a different kind of whimsical than our wedding theme.  How were your shower details different from your wedding details?

No comments:

Post a Comment