Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Wonderland: My Shower!

As y'all may have heard, Atlanta had a bit of bad weather last week.  We got about five inches of snow where we live, and our Southern city is definitely not equipped to deal with such a thing!  The city-wide policy was to wait it out.  In the meantime, I sat on the edge of my seat waiting for the icy roads to melt...because my shower was that Saturday!  Fortunately, the highways cleared, most of the side streets got a little better, and all of my out of town shower guests were still able to come!

We donned some pretty dresses (with tights, of course), threw on some warm coats, and headed up to Marietta Square for some tea.  You may recall from these lovely pieces of inspiration and this fabulous invitation that Sister Lioness and Mama Lioness had planned a "Mad Tea Party" themed shower for me.  It was supposed to be reminiscent of "Alice in Wonderland," but more so from the novel than from any of the movies.  Well, I think my fabulous hostesses pulled it off flawlessly.  I walked into The Vineyard Cafe and entered a true wonderland.
A very long table, filled with 17 of my favorite women

I was surrounded by love.  Love, and lots and lots of delicious food of course!  I think I was grinning from ear to ear for the next several hours.  Mostly because I was just psyched, but also because I posed for lots of pictures!  First, with one of my two fabulous hostesses, Mama Lioness!

Next, I posed with my other fabulous hostess, Sister Lioness!

How awesome is that painting behind us?  Yay for hot air balloons!  Oh, if I may digress for a moment, I'm pretty proud of my hostess gifts.  I got Mama Lioness and Sister Lioness umbrella charms (Get it?  Shower?!), both very unique to their personalities.  Sister Lioness' charm had an umbrella and a locket, while Mama Lioness' had a beach umbrella with a piece of seaglass:
Locket by foowahu.  Sea glass by Seashaped.

Now then.  Where were we?  Oh yes.  We sat down for tea, and each of us received our own little french press with tea of our choice.

We snacked on fresh fruit, finger sandwiches, and an assortment of muffins, scones, and cookies.

Next, my guests gathered 'round as I opened my gifts.

Some of my favorite presents were the ones that weren't from my registry...

...and sometimes I was just excited about the gift wrap alone!

Lioness Bmaid Laura did an awesome job making my ribbon bouquet.

Next, we posed for some group shots.  First, with my fabulous bridesmaids!

I freeking love our buttons!  This one's my favorite photo from the whole day:

How gorgeous are those ladies?!  It was absolutely incredible to be surrounded by so many of my favorite gals.  It made everything feel a lot more real...I finally felt like a bride!  It was some of the most fun I've ever had.  I probably would have stayed all day if they hadn't kicked us out!

What was your favorite part of your shower?

No comments:

Post a Comment