Thursday, October 21, 2010

Personalizing the OOT Bags

In addition to our groceries, a map, and a list of our favorite local places, I wanted to include a personal note in our OOT bags.  Sticking with our local theme, I found these lovely letterpress notecards:

Yes, they're beautiful, but I had my reservations.  First of all, they were a little too expensive for me.  My main concern, however, was the wording.  "Greetings from Atlanta?"  It may sound trivial, but I really wanted "welcome to Atlanta."  I know, I know, cue Luda soundtrack.  But seriously.  We're welcoming them into our home, not greeting them from afar!

Well, if you can't find the right notecard, you just have to create it yourself!  There's a sign on Ponce (a major road here) that I knew would be a perfect setting for a photo shoot.  We grabbed a prop, called up our photographer friend, and brought along Lion Corgi for a little doggie cameo.
{photos courtesy of Weddings by Evan Hampton}

I love Lion Corgi's face in that first one...she's like "Do you see my dad in the background?  Is he for real right now?"

How are you personalizing your OOT bags?

No comments:

Post a Comment