Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Surprise for Mr. Lion: Part 2

We last left off discussing how I planned to wear a personalized garter as a special surprise for Mr. Lion.  But there's a Part Two to my little surprise, so...

I promised you that I'd make it up to Mr. Lion after embarrassing him with a Red Sox garter.  Allow me to introduce you to the gift I will be giving Mr. Lion on our wedding day:

Mariano Rivera, the relief pitcher of the New York Yankees, is arguably Mr. Lion's favorite baseball player of all time.  Nearly two months to the day before we got engaged, he had his 500th save.  To those of you not familiar with baseball, this is a really big deal.  Best of all, Rivera the last current player to wear the number 42, which is our wedding date.

So, I got Mr. Lion an autographed baseball from Mariano Rivera's 500th save.  I will be giving him that baseball as a wedding gift.  Yes, Red Sox fans can be humble...but only when love is involved.

Well then.  That's enough baseball talk for one week!  Anyone else caught the World Series bug?

No comments:

Post a Comment