Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Treasure Hunting

I.  Love.  Antique stores.  I could spend hours and hours in thrift shops rummaging through random crap that no one would want.  Why?  Because I love that rush you get when you stumble upon something amazing.  Recently, I spent an afternoon in Inman Park's At the Collective and Poncey Highland's Highland Row Antiques (both local favorites of mine).  Sometimes these places are a swing and a miss, but I totally lucked out this trip.

First, I found this hand mirror:
I decided that it would look perfect in the womens' bathroom at our venue.  This got me on a bathroom-shopping spree.

Next, I found this tray:
I decided I could use this tray to hold cotton balls, bobby pins, anything else that girls might need to touch up in the bathroom.

What?!  I'll use it for something!  I don't know what for, but you never know!  Besides, it was less that $1.

I thought this box would be useful to store more discreet bathroom items, like tampons.

Then, I decided that the mens' needed a box as well.  But for manly things...like...breath mints? Tweezers?  I'll figure out the details later :)

Of course, I couldn't let the mens' bathroom have just one item in it.  So, I found this to match:

And finally, I saved the best for last.  Corgi pictured to show actual size:
{all personal photos}

You'll have to wait and see what we use that mailbox for!

Maybe these details are trivial, but I think they're pretty likely to strike up a conversation or two!  What kinds of antique or thrift shop treasures have you discovered?

1 comment: