Friday, November 25, 2011

Love is Where We Are: The Getaway

At one point in the night, I noticed that all of our groomsmen had mysteriously disappeared from the reception. I could only assume that they were decorating our getaway car, a theory later confirmed by photographic evidence:


I really wanted to rent a white vintage car, like a Rolls Royce or something that I imagined would appear in an old movie. I kept putting the transportation portion of our budget on the back burner; it just wasn't a priority of ours. Eventually, that part of our budget was still on the back burner, and our wedding was a week away! I begrudgingly accepted that my 1997 Accord would be our getaway car. In hindsight, it was perfect. I was glad we were able to spend more on our priority budget items, and my car turned out just fine.


It's kind of hard to see in that picture, but beyond the paint (and pollen), my car was filled with a certain decoration that just so happened to be consistent with our theme.



How in the world did we get inside our car with all of those balloons in the way?! Guess you'll have to stay tuned...

Catch up on the Lioness recaps here!
*All photos by H. Photography unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment